Sanford B. “Sandy” Wanner Joins Middleburg Bank’s Williamsburg Regional Board
Middleburg Bank announced that Sanford B.”Sandy” Wanner recently joined its Williamsburg regional board.
Middleburg Bank, a wholly owned subsidiary of Middleburg Financial Corporation (Nasdaq: MBRG), today announced that Sanford B.”Sandy” Wanner recently joined its Williamsburg regional board. Mr. Wanner joins the board concurrent with the recent opening of Middleburg Bank’s new branch in New Town.
Mr. Wanner recently retired as the County Administrator for James City County, having held that post since August of 1996. Prior to that, Wanner served as Assistant County Administrator from 1990 to 1996, managing the County’s Facilities Management Division, Satellite Office, and the Solid Waste Recycling Program.
Michael D. Maddocks, Senior Vice President and Williamsburg Community Executive said “We are very excited to have Sandy join our regional board. Sandy, along with the entire regional board, will help us expand in Williamsburg.” Maddocks added, “We are fortunate to have eight such talented and civic-minded individuals on our Williamsburg Regional Board. Each of these individuals is well respected and well known throughout the community and every one of them is committed to the success of Williamsburg.”
The Williamsburg Regional Board of Directors is led by Channing M. Hall, III, Esquire. Other Board members include:
- John P. “Jep” Doley, DDS, Retired Orthodontist
- Paul W. Gerhardt, Esquire, Co-Chairman, Real Estate Strategies Group, Kaufman & Canoles, P.C.
- J. Lesslie Hall,III, President of the Williamsburg Volunteer Fire Department and Realtor for Hornsby Realty
- Scott M. Spence, AIA, retired Director of Architecture and Engineering for the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
- William E. Teale, President of Think Training
- Sandford B. “Sandy” Wanner, retired JCC Administrator
- Thomas W. Wood, Real Estate Broker with Sheeran Sotheby's International Realty and Personal Property Appraiser
In addition to these eight local business and community leaders, Middleburg Bank’s Williamsburg regional board also includes John Mason Antrim, President of Middleburg Trust Company and Michael D. Maddocks, Senior Vice President and Williamsburg Community Executive for Middleburg Financial Corporation.
With the opening of its new bank branch, Middleburg Bank will provide individuals, families, businesses and non-profit organizations in Williamsburg with a full range of financial services to include – banking, investments, trusts and mortgages – all under one roof and all delivered by local people.
The bank’s new branch is located at 5372 Discovery Park Boulevard. This office is the only financial center in the Williamsburg area to provide banking, trust, investments and mortgage services in one location, making it a true one-stop solution for all of a client’s financial needs.