Middleburg Financial Company is a financial holding company that conducts its primary operations through two wholly owned subsidiaries: Middleburg Bank and Middleburg Investment Group.
Middleburg Bank is a full-service commercial bank with locations in Loudoun, Fairfax, Price William and Fauquier Counties, as well as in the cities of Richmond and Williamsburg. It is headquartered in Middleburg, Virginia, with an operations center in Leesburg, Virginia.
Middleburg Trust Company is a member of Middleburg Investment Group and is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia with offices in Middleburg and Williamsburg. They provide comprehensive portfolio management, trust administration and estate settlement services.
Middleburg Investment Advisors is also a member of Middleburg Investment Group and is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia. They specialize in fixed income securities and invest primarily in investment grade issues.
MFC stock is publicly traded on the NASDAQ SmallCap Market under the symbol MBRG.
Key milestones in Middleburg Financial Corporation's history:
- 1924 The Middleburg National Bank was established in 1924.
- 1994 Independent Community Bankshares (ICB) was formed as the holding company. Purcellville office opened - the first new branch in 70 years
- 1996 Leesburg office opened.
- 1997 Middleburg Investment Services began providing investment products to clients. The Tredegar Trust Company joined ICB. ICB stock was listed on the OTC Bulletin Board for the first time in October.
- 1998 Mortgage Banking Division was launched.
- 1999 Ashburn office opened.
- 2002 ICB acquired Gilkison Patterson Investment Advisors (GPIA) in April. ICB became Middleburg Financial Corporation in May. The Operations Center opened in Leesburg in June. Fort Evans office in Leesburg opened in July.
- 2003 MFC completed its 40% acquisition of Southern Trust Mortgage. Assets of MFC exceeded $500 million in December.
- 2004 Middleburg Bank celebrated its 80th year of service in July. Reston office opened in October.
- 2005 Tredegar Trust and GPIA became Middleburg Trust Company and Middleburg Investment Advisors in October. Middleburg Investment Group was formed. Warrenton office opened in October.
- 2007 Marshall office opened in March.
- 2010 Williamsburg office opened in July and the Gainesville office opened in November.
- 2011 Richmond's first office opened on Main Street.
- 2013 Richmond's second office opened on Libbie Avenue
- 2014 Middleburg Bank sells membership interests in Southern Trust Mortgage. The bank continues to offer consumer mortgage loans through Middleburg Bank*.
* Middleburg Bank doing business as Middleburg Mortgage.