Earn a competitive interest rate compounded quarterly without having to maintain a high balance.
A statement savings account is a great way to start savings since you earn a competitive interest rate without having to maintain a high balance.
You can avoid a service charge by keeping an average quarterly balance of $200 or more. Senior citizens, minors and students are exempt from minimum balance charges.
For added convenience, if you have a Visa® Check Card for your checking account, you can also access your savings account.
Withdrawals are limited to six (6) per month; each limited transaction over the six (6) will incur a $10 fee. Limited transactions include:
- Wire transfers
- Third party checks
- Point-of-sale (POS) debit card transfers
- Automated Clearing House debits (ACH)
- Transfers pursuant to a preauthorized agreement to cover overdrafts on a transaction account
- Transfers at the telephoned or faxed request of the customers made either by a bank employee or indirectly through the phone teller
- Transfers to customer’s other deposit account initiated by customer terminal (i.e., Home Banking)
Unlimited transactions are allowed within a branch office or an ATM and include the following transaction types:
- Mail transactions
- Messenger/courier transactions
- ATM transfers/withdrawals
- Withdrawals and transfer made in person at the teller window
- Withdrawals initiated by telephone and consummated by check to the depositor
- Repayment of a Middleburg Bank loan
- Deposits of any sort
Funds are FDIC insured up to the maximum amount allowed by law.