Five Incredibly Outdoorsy Vehicles
These rides will tackle anything Mother Nature has in store
Whether you love surfing, camping, hiking, skiing or another type of activity, there are several vehicles that will help you explore the great outdoors more easily. From impressive cargo space to aggressive off-road capabilities, these vehicles are perfect for wilderness adventures.
Here are some top picks, compliments of Aol Autos:
- Nissan Xterra: Over the past few years, the Xterra has remained rugged and sporty, boasting features like 4WD, hill-assist control, interior bike racks and a roof-mounted storage box.
- Toyota Tundra: This popular truck will please just about any type of driver, but it's hard to ignore all the outdoor-focused features, including impressive ground clearance and towing capacity as well as a spacious bed. And if you're taking friends or family on your adventures, they'll appreciate the double cab's generous leg room.
- Toyota RAV4: For something a little smaller but still spacious and strong, check out the RAV4. In addition to plenty of cargo space and towing capabilities, you'll get impressive fuel efficiency - which is certainly handy when you're on those remote back roads.
NewCars.com can also recommend a top vehicle for outdoorsmen and women:
- Jeep Wrangler: The 2012 Wrangler is the NewCars.com winner for Best Off-Road (4WD) vehicle. The latest Jeep has a new powertrain with a 285 hp V6 that can tackle almost any terrain. There's also a new five-speed automatic transmission that helps provide improved acceleration on pavement and a lower first-gear ratio for better handling off road. Suspension customization options are available, as is a four-door version.
In 2011, AutoUSA.com ranked the top vehicles for camping, and taking the number one spot is a large SUV that's hard to beat:
- Chevrolet Suburban: This large four-door sport-utility can accommodate up to nine passengers. Behind the first-row seats you'll get over 130 cubic feet of cargo room, and you can expect between 8,100 and 9,600 lb of towing capability. Some models come with Active Fuel Management technology. Whether you're driving to the top of the mountain or across the country, the Suburban can carry everything you need and more.
No matter what your outdoor adventures entail, there's a rugged vehicle out there that will fit all your wants and needs.
You may also be interested in...